Sunday, October 08, 2006

Football - Michigan v/s MSU

On Friday a friend of mine living in Ann Arbor emailed me that she had managed to get tickets to the Michigan (Wolverines) v/s Michigan State (Spartans) NCAA football game on Saturday. This game was to be played at the Michigan stadium.

Saturday morning, I found myself driving the 280 miles to Ann Arbor on I-94 ... It was a warm afternoon - perfect sunny weather to watch a football game. Here are some pictures from the game ...

For someone like me, totally new to the concept of "American" football - I had a crash course on the rules of the game before I watched it. I was skeptical about following the game, much less enjoying it, but to my surprise, I had an awesome time. The atmosphere around the stadium was charged. A crowd of 111,158 had turned up to watch this game - the stadium was Maize, with the poor Spartans quite sparse in the crowd.

At half time, the cheerleaders and the team bands had some great sequences that entertained the crowd, while the players took a much needed breather.
Check the cheerleaders jumping ... I am thrilled that I've managed to capture the spilt second jump on my camera!

As expected Michigan (blue & maize - no it's not called yellow, it's maize as I learnt during my crash course on football!) kicked MSU (white & green) during the game - almost out of the stadium. :)
The final scoreline ... 31-13.

2 comments :

Parag said...

waw jabri....Nice snaps.. especially the one in which the gals are jumping.. !!!! U must have had a great time in such a charged and enthu atmosphere... !

Anonymous said...

Hey how dare you say that about MSU....!!!!!!!!!1Esp after I got you the tickets!!!