Friday, June 06, 2008

Doing my bit for the community ...

Up at the crack of dawn ... I found myself scrambling to get to office to be there in time to participate in a community service day planned by my organization.

It was hectic but a good experience. We visited one of the Chicago inner city schools and taught students about the importance of doing their bit for the environment. When reading through their curriculum, I realized that I could do some of the things that I was teaching about ...

Simple things - turn off the lights each time you leave a room. Switch off the TV if no one is watching it. Unplug devices once they are done charging. Simple tasks - but if all of us do our bit, it would definitely make a world a greener place!

After this day spent working with the children, I'm determined to implement the green tips in my own life. :)

No comments :