Monday, September 09, 2013

Weekend in Bangalore ...

Last week I found myself making the once familiar trip to Bangalore (ooops ... now, Bengaluru). While Bangalore now boasts of a swanky new airport with state of the art facilities, the connectivity to this transportation hub is still experiencing some growing pains. Potholed roads (albeit, much better than those in Mumbai) and flyovers under construction are a common sight that create traffic snarls which welcome you to this once pristine and quiet, garden city.

Apart from work, I embarked on my culinary journey which included a visit to the world-famous MTR kitchen and gorging on various "meals", the equivalent of a "thaali" or an assortment of food that makes a complete meal at various joints. As usual, the trip was far too short and I returned with promises to myself of taking another trip to sample even more food!




 

No comments :