Friday, June 09, 2006

Pictures of a Forest Preserve


Yesterday - when I left office, it was a warm but windy sunny day. I decided to go to the gym for a workout, but on the drive home I figured it was too good a day to waste in the gym. On the spur of the moment, I decided to head out to a nearby forest preserve with my digicam. Here are pictures of some of the sights I witnessed.
This is a panoramic view of the main section of the preserve. The tree with the white blossoms provided an interesting focal point to frame this picture.


A close up shot of some of the white blossoms on a tree. The yellow background as observed between the blossoms is the reflection of the bright sunshine off the green grass. Fancy that - the grass looks like yellow blossoms thanks to the sun! The sharp focus on the flowers has helped enhance the diffused effect of the sunlight.


This was a huge tree that was laden with blossoms. Notice, the leaves are almost invisible....
Here is an interesting looking yellow dandelion. Yes - a weed, but looked very pretty sitting amidst the geen grass, and that was is reason it currently holds pride of place as my desktop wallpaper!

No comments :