Thursday, September 07, 2006

B'day Blog ...

Yes, it has been a while since I last wrote here, and the entries here are going to appear in a flurry. What with my birthday – always a big deal for me … ;) I mean – another year older, has got to be an event…! This followed by the long Labor day holiday weekend. I was too busy having a good time to post blog entries!
Midnight Cake
My birthday started off in great style at midnight – with Lata, Dharini, Sudipa, Aseem, Mukesh & Neel at my door with a huge black forest cake. In true "tradition" I had cake on my face but they thankfully spared me the birthday bumps/kicks/bashing. You can see pictures of the cake here ... Black forest cake

After a relatively short day at work, I took a flight to visit my cousin & her family in Cincinnati. At the airport, the lady at the security checkpoint, on checking my ID, wished me a happy birthday as well! That was indeed a pleasant surprise. The flight to Cincinnati was thankfully on schedule. After boarding the aircraft, I was so tired that I immediately went off to sleep even before we'd taken off and woke up only when we had touched down. It was great meeting my cousin, bro-in-law, niece & nephew. After a sumptuous meal – I got to cut yet another cake. This was selected by Natasha & Nikhil. Delicious ice cream cake
It was an ice cream cake, made up of chocolate, choc fudge & vanilla ice creams! It was the first time I was eating such a cake and I was totally thrilled with it.

All in all, a brilliant day!

1 comment :

Parag said...

Hey Pal..
Donhi cake masta ahet ekdam.. :)
Tula parat ekda belated happy b'day !!
Pudhcha varshi me nakkkkki wish karen welevar :(

Parag.